Thursday, August 10, 2006

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't NEED roads..."

Hello all -

(For those who might have been wondering, there is additional information connected to all text that's highlighted. Feel free to check 'em out!)

I mentioned that Maki Nishi JHS was smack dab in the middle of a rice paddy...

The lad lieth not, me thinks.

The challenge of getting to the school was nothing in comparison to getting this beast to work:

Yes, there was rice in a previously posted picture, and, yes, it came from this rice cooker. But, I confess, it was the result of some seriously random button pushing. I have since consulted several outside sources who, to their credit, did not laugh directly AT me, but I could sense some muffled guffaws. So I dedicate the following pictured food items to them -- because without their help, I would still be buying lunch at 7-11 (not that there's anything wrong with that):

Ok. I realize it's strange to take pictures of food. But you have no idea what you might end up doing, working half days, and having finished all of the reading materials brought into the country. So rather than going Jack Nicholson during his 'swooning' all over Shelly Duvall phase, I put all energy in reserve into creating my own version of bento. Results may vary.

After getting a tip from a coworker at the B.O.E., I made my way over to a place called 'Challenger,' a Hyaku-en (dollar store) shop a short way down the street from my digs. I ended up getting supplies for school, MUCH NEEDED undershirts, and the bento box you see pictured above. This box is a modified version where the food is stacked on two levels and small chopsticks are set in a compartment on the top. Way cool.

So why not throw in a little product placement, right?

Honestly, the name might throw you, but Pocari Sweat is a really good drink that I found out about during my first trip to Japan. Take Fresca and thicken it up JUUUUUUUUUST a little bit...

I like it...

Anyway, after several hours of organizing important papers/documents that I can barely comprehend, I'm ready for bed. Good grief! I've been burning the 3 hours before before midnight oil!

It's official. I have become my parents...

Good night, all.

Keep surfinzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (-_-)
Brendan

P.S. Sorry for the recycling, BG... But you follow...

No comments: