Friday, August 25, 2006

Additional 'Sports Day' prep pics as promised...

Hey everyone -

I thought I'd send a few more pictures from yesterday's Sports Day preparations as well as one of the new English Corner board at Maki Higashi Chu (I tried to use Met colors for the EC sign, but they look a little off -- oh well): And here we have members of the yellow team, doing prep on their 'Fighting Eagle" motif (these kids are seriously talented): Finally we have the red team whose artistic intensity matched the ferocity of their mascot: I've heard that the competitions can get pretty serious in these parts, so hopefully I can get a seat in the bleachers. In honor of my Nishi squad, I went out and -- amazingly enough -- found and purchased a 5oo yen mustard yellow shirt at uoroku (one of the competing grocery stores in the area). Who knew?
Anyway, a happy weekend to all!

Keep surfing!
Brendan

No comments: